Thank you for contacting us. We will get in touch with you shortly!
How it Works?
Lasers remove tattoos by breaking up the pigment colors of the tattoo with a high-intensity light beam.
Why is the Laser a Safe Treatment?
At Belle Vie Wellness & Medical Aesthetics, we use the Candela laser, which is safer than traditional tattoo removal methods because of its unique ability to selectively treat the tattoo or pigmented lesion. Thus, it will eliminate the tattoo or pigment while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
What Does Treatment Involve?
Treatment with the Candela laser varies from patient to patient depending on the age, size, and type of tattoo, as well as the color of the patient’s skin and depth to which the tattoo or pigment extends beneath the skin’s surface. In general, these steps will take place:
- The patient is asked to wear eye protection consisting of an opaque covering or goggles.
- The skin’s reaction to the laser is tested during the first visit to determine the most effective treatment.
- Treatment consists of placing a hand-piece against the surface of the skin and activating the laser. Many patients liken each pulse to the snapping of a rubber band against the skin.
- Smaller tattoos or lesions will require fewer pulses, while larger ones will require more. All tattoos will require re-treatments, necessitating multiple patient visits.
- The Candela system is less painful and requires less recovery time than some other treatment methods. The degree of discomfort varies with each person, depending on his/her pain threshold. Most patients do not require pain management. In some cases, however, depending on the nature and location of the tattoo or lesion, the physician may elect to use some form of anesthetic.
Should Certain Precautions be Taken After Treatment?
Immediately following treatment, an ice pack may be applied to soothe the treated area. A topical antibiotic cream or ointment is recommended. Care should be taken in the first few days following treatment to avoid scrubbing the area, and abrasive skin cleansers should be avoided. A bandage or patch may help to prevent abrasion of the treated area. During the course of treatment, it is recommended that patients cover the area with a sun block that is approved by the treating physician.
Laser Tattoo Removal Before and After*
Laser Tattoo Removal Near Me
Let us help you remove your unwanted tattoos with our laser removal system, available now at Belle Vie Wellness & Medical Aesthetics in Cerritos, CA! If you’d like to learn more or schedule your consultation, please fill out the form on this page or call us directly at 562-865-0802.