“Everything you need to know before getting fillers: important tips to remember!”
If you’ve ever wanted to learn about what to expect with dermal fillers or are thinking about getting them, this is a comprehensive guide for expectations and tips for pre-treatment, what to expect during treatment, and post-treatment!
Pre-care and what to remember before your filler treatment
To help minimize any bruising or bleeding, it is advised to discontinue over the counter medications and supplements that thin the blood about a week before treatment. These include, but are not limited to, Aspirin, Ibuprofen Motrin, Fish Oil, Flax Seed Oil, Gingko Biloba, Vitamin E, and Vitamin.
Avoid alcohol, caffeine, or smoking about 24 to 48 hours before treatment to help minimize any irritation, swelling, or bruising
- TIP: Remember that when volume is added with fillers into an area that is originally smaller like the lips, it can highlight the very normal asymmetries we naturally have so make sure to keep that in mind with your expectations to enhance the beautiful features you already have!
- TIP: Remember that swelling and minimal bruising around the treated area that resolve shortly after are very common with fillers; you can keep this in mind before scheduling your appointment if you have any special events coming up!
What to expect during treatment:
- Coming in with a “clean face” without makeup or minimal products is helpful, but we prep and disinfect your face before treatment with alcohol wipes or antibacterial solution without exception
- To help with minimizing the slight discomfort with fillers when being injected, we apply a topical anesthetic or numbing cream about 30 minutes prior to the treatment. Many of the fillers we use also contain lidocaine which helps as soon as treatment begins
TIP: You can see the immediate results of the filler during the treatment but keep in mind that there will be swelling after that decreases over the next few days. For example, the lips swell about 20% more and you can then decide if you need more filler for your desired outcome once they have settled.
Aftercare and filler treatment recovery tips:
- For the most part, treatment with dermal fillers does not require downtime so you can return to your daily routine after with some tips to keep in mind!
- TIP: Swelling and minimal bruising are very common and almost expected effects immediately after treatment and should resolve shortly after; applying ice and using Arnica gel or cream topically can help with minimizing them
- TIP: Bumps that are palpable or that you can feel in the lips after treatment are also common. Contrary to what some people think, a great way of reducing them and keeping the lips soft and supple is by massaging or rolling the lips with your fingers (don’t worry, this will not damage or do any harm to your filler, only enhance their results!)
- Until the redness and swelling have resolved, try and avoid too much sun and heatexposure especially involving the treated areas
Belle Vie Wellness and Medical Aesthetics is excited to offer several kinds of fillers to best suit your individual needs. We make sure to prioritize you and your desired outcomes! For pricing, don’t forget to check out our specials at https://www.belleviemedical.com/specials-2/ If you would like to learn more, have any questions, or would like to schedule a consultation, please
call (855) 635-0011 directly for our Cerritos and Costa Mesa locations.